Healthy, yummy, crunchy nuts & seeds breakfast cookies made with 5 ingredients! They are grain-free, oil-free, vegan, and simple to make in a muffin tin!
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease, spray or line 8 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flax meal and water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Grind the nuts/seeds and coconut in a food processor until finely chopped (not too fine or powdery; you want an uneven chop similar to oats and cereal). Place in bowl with flax mixture, stirring to combine.
- In a small saucepan, melt the nut/seed butter and syrup over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and stir in salt, then pour over nut mixture, stirring to coat.
- Divide mixture evenly between prepare cups, tamping down into cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-16 minutes until browned at edges and centers feel dry to the touch. Transfer tin to a cooling rack and cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin. Cool completely.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Cookie
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg