- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced ( or 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 15-ounce can white beans (I used cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into a fine flour
- 1–1/2 cups cooked, cooled quinoa (made from 1/2 cup dry quinoa)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
- fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease or spray all 12 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the water, flaxseed meal, garlic, and dill; let stand at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mash the beans with a fork. Mix in the flax mixture, parsley and oat flour until blended, then stir in the quinoa and red peppers. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Portion burger mixture evenly (about 1/3-1/2 cup each), shaping into a loose patty; press into prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until deep golden brown and set at the centers. Let cool in tins on wire rack for at least 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm or room temperature.
Chia in Place of Flax: 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, ground, can be used in place of the flaxseed meal.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. These will keep well at room temperature for several hours (e.g., packed in a lunch bag).
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 mini-burger
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Fat: 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg