Healthy pecan pie treats, made in a muffin tin with only 4 ingredients! Easy and delicious, they are vegan and gluten-free.
- 1–1/4 cups pecans, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (important for making these stick! other syrups do not work)
- 2 teaspoons dark molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray or grease 10 cups of a standard muffin tin .
- In a food processor, process 1/4 cup pecans until finely chopped (texture of meal, not flour); Transfer to a medium bowl. Chop the remaining pecans (not too fine) and add to bowl along with the remaining ingredients, Divide evenly among prepared cups. With moistened fingertips. lightly press mixture into cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes until pecans are fragrant and deep golden brown. Transfer tin to a cooling rack and cool completely in pan. Place the cooled tin in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using the tip of a butter knife, remove pecan pie bites from pan.. Eat!
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days (unless it is hot and humid), the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, snack
- Serving Size: 1 round
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 32 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg