Healthy, high-protein and high-fiber breakfast muffins sweetened with maple syrup. Only 95 calories per muffin!
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup vanilla vegan protein powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 3-4 tablespoons cacao nibs, chopped dried fruit, miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease, spray or line 6 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal, protein powder, coconut flour, spice, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the applesauce, milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until blended; stir in chocolate or fruit, if using.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden at edges and firm to the touch at the centers.Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes in tin. Remove from tin and serve warm or cool completely
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Serving Size: 1 bar/puck
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg