Healthy, delicious vegan and gluten-free pumpkin bread that tastes like the classic! It is delicious, easy-to-make, & made without eggs, dairy or gluten.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (1 15-ounce can) unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut sugar (see notes for options)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (about 312 g) all-purpose gluten-free flour (1:1 ratio)
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: 3 to 4 tablespoons pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) & turbinado (raw) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Spray or lightly oil a 9×5-inch (22.5×12.5 cm) loaf baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, water, oil, and vanilla until blended.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Mix until completley blended.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; if using, sprinkle top with pepitas and a bit of raw sugar.
- Bake in The preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes until a long skewer (a long piece of uncooked spaghetti works great) inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack. Run a knife around the edges and carefully remove loaf.
Storage: store the cooled bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Oil-Free Option: Replace the oil with an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce.
Sugar Options: An equal amount of brown sugar, cane sugar, or the sugar of your choice can be used in place of the coconut sugar. An equal amount of maple syrup can also be used (reduce the water to 1/3 cup total).
Flour Options: If you do not need the loaf to be gluten-free, feel free to use an equal amount of white whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour or spelt flour in place of the all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 9.1 g
- Sodium: 205.4 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin bread, gluten-free, vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, easy, 1-bowl, healthy, quick bread, gluten-free vegan pumpkin bread