No-bake protein bars made with matcha, mint and plant protein powder! The bars are gluten-free, vegan, and easy-to-make, too.
- 1–1/2 cups rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1/2 cup vanilla vegan protein powder
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Grease or spray 10 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- Process the oats in a food processor until finely ground; add the protein powder, matcha, flaxseed meal, and salt; pulse to combine.
- Add the almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, and peppermint extract; pulse until blended and mixture comes together into a dough.
- Remove dough and roll into an even log (any size); slice crosswise into 9 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and press evenly into prepared cups.
- Loosely cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove from tin and store as directed (be sure to eat one immediately, too—for quality control 🙂
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or freezer for 3 months. Will keep, un-refrigerated, in a lunch bag/purse for transport during the day.
- Category: Protein Bars, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 round bar
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 79 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg