A fresh and very green take on falafel made with frozen peas and fresh herbs! The falafel are baked and are naturally grain-free, vegan, gluten-free, and only 54 calories per big falafel patty.
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups (packed) fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray all 12 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a food processor, process the peas, spinach, cilantro, mint, water, olive oil, cumin, and salt until well-blended (mixture will not be completely smooth). Add the chickpea flour and baking powder; process until combined, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Divide mixture evenly between prepared cups, flattening and smoothing the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 24 to 27 minutes or until golden brown at edges and tops feel dry to the touch. Transfer tin to a cooling rack. Cool at least 10 minutes before removing from tin. Serve warm, cooled or chilled.
- Category: Entree, Appetizer
- Serving Size: 1 falafel
- Calories: 54
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 93 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg