- 2 cups nondairy milk or water
- 2 cups rolled oats (certified GF, as needed), divided use
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1–1/2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Cooking spray or oil for the griddle/skillet
- Toppings o choice (e.g., maple syrup, fruit, etc).
- Place the milk, 1 cup of the oats, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, syrup, vinegar, oil, baking powder, and salt in a blender. Blend until completely smooth, about 20-40 seconds, depending on your blender.
- Transfer batter to a large bowl and stir in the remaining 1 cup oats.
- Heat a griddle (or large skillet) over medium heat; lightly grease with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Drop batter onto the griddle (about 1/4 cup per pancake). Cook until the surface of the pancakes no longer looks wet (about 2 minutes; this is longer than for regular pancakes). Flip with a pancake turner and cook for 1 minute longer. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing griddle each time.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Storage: Store cooled pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
The Original Recipe: I originally posted my blender oat pancake recipe in May 2017, but updated the recipe in July 2019. Why? As much as I enjoyed the recipe, I heard from many readers that the recipe did not work for them. Since changing the recipe I have heard from readers who LOVED the original. So sorry! You asked for the original, here it is: Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats, 1 and 1/2 cups non dairy milk, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 2 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Instructions: Process all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Cook by 1/4 cupfuls on a medium hot griddle.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 243.4 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg