- 1 16-ounce bag frozen baby green peas, thawed
- 1 (packed) cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and mashed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeno (more or less to taste)
- Fine sea salt & black pepper
- Set aside 1/2 of the peas.
- In a food processor, process the remaining peas, basil, olive oil, lime juice, garlic and jalapeno until mostly (but not entirely) smooth.
- Add reserved peas and pulse a few times (keep it chunky, or process until smooth).
- Transfer to a container and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Storage: Store the spread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Jalapeno: No jalapeno? No problem. Use hot sauce, sriracha, or cayenne pepper (all to tase) in its place. Or feel free to skip the heat entirely.
- Category: Snack, Appetizer
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 55
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg