Vegan eggplant pizza slices are the fast easy dinner you crave (and can make in 20 minutes!). They are also gluten-free & very high in fiber.
- 1 medium-large eggplant (about 1 pound/500 grams)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fine sea salt and black pepper
- 1 and 1/3 cups shredded dairy-free mozzarella cheese (see notes)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or quartered, if large)
- 3 tablespoons EACH sliced olives and sliced roasted bell peppers (either or both are optional)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Position eggplant on cutting board with stem side up; using a large knife, cut eggplant into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Place eggplant slices on prepared baking sheet. Brush top sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle evenly with cheese, and tomatoes (also add olives, roasted peppers, and/or sunflower seeds,if using).
- Return pan to oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes longer until eggplant is tender when pierced with a fork, cheese is melted, and tomatoes are softened.
- Top eggplant slices with arugula and serve!
Storage: Store cooled leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
Note about the Cheese: If you are not vegan, feel free to use an equal amount of regular mozzarella cheese in place of the non-dairy cheese.
- Category: Vegetarian, Dinner, Lunch, Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of entire recipe
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fat: 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 18.7 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: eggplant pizza, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, healthy eggplant pizza slices, fast and easy dinner, eggplant pizza slices, vegan sheetpan meal