Lemony roasted parsnip hummus (no beans, no tahini) is a showstopper! Smoky paprika balances the sweetness of the parsnips.
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into small pieces (about 3/4-inch)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup smooth natural almond butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1–1/2 teaspoons pimenton (smoked paprika)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the parsnips with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast in the preheated oven for 12 to 16 minutes until very easily pierced with tines of a fork. Let cool completely.
- Place the cooled parsnips, almond butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika, remaining olive oil and remaining salt in a food processor. Process until smooth. Adjust salt to taste. Eat!
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Snack, Appetizer, Dip, Spread
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: no beans, no tahini, vegetable hummus, parsnips, parsnip hummus, smoked paprika, lemons, healthy hummus