Back-to-Monday mornings need my delicious, vegan carrot cake blender muffins to make the day bright! They are also flourless & gluten-free.
- 2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free as needed)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or pepitas
- 1 large carrot (about 7.5 inches), peeled, trimmed, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or packed brown sugar)
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon vinegar (cider vinegar or white vinegar)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional toppings: a couple tablespoons each of rolled oats, sunflower seeds or pepitas, finely chopped flake coconut
- Preheat oven to 375F.Line 10 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Place all of the ingredients (except optional toppings) into a blender (food processor will work, too); blend until smooth. Divide batter evenly between prepared cups. Sprinkle with optional toppings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until centers are puffed and muffins are golden brown.
- Cool in tin set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 178 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan gluten-free carrot muffins, flourless, flourless vegan muffins, oats, egg-free, nut-free, oil-free, oil-free vegan muffins, carrot muffins