Welcome autumn with this delicious, beautiful and easy sweet potato & kale chickpea flour frittata . It is vegan, soy-free, and oh so healthy! Only 152 calories per slice, too.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, chickpea flour, paprika, salt and garlic powder. Let stand while preparing filling.
- In a 9-inch cast iron skillet. heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium -high heat. Add the sweet potato and onion. Cook and stir for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are softened. Reduce het to medium and add the kale; cook and stir for 2 -3 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour in the chickpea flour batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until set at the center and edges are beginning to brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve warm. room temperature or chilled
Storage: Store the completely cooled frittata in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1/8 wedge
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 238 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour, frittata, vegan, egg-free, soy-free, gluten-free, low calorie, sweet potato, kale, autumn