- 3 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets (& some stems fine, too)
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- large handful of cilantro leaves and tender stems (roughly 1 loosely packed cup)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- water (as needed)
- pinch of hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Place the broccoli in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket and filled with about 1 inch of water. Cover and turn heat to high. Steam the broccoli until it is very tender (about 7 to 10 mins) but still a vibrant green. Remove broccoli from basket and let cool for at least 5 minutes, and the transfer to a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the water, to the food processor; process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl periodically. If hummus is too thick, add a few teaspoons of water at a time until desired consistency is reached. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- If desired, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and chopped cilantro. Serve with more vegetables, crackers, on bread, or any way that you like!
Storage: Store the hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 34
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 134.1 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg