Crisp, light, easy-to-make cut-out cookies made with coconut flour. They are vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, Paleo, and the recipe includes an option to make them vegan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the psyllium husks and the water. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract to bowl with psyllium egg, whisking until blended. Add the coconut flour mixture, stirring until completely combined; it will have the consistency of pancake batter. Let the stand for 5 minutes (the coconut flour will absorb more liquid while it sits). Stir in 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch, or more, to make dough smooth and pliable.
- Gather dough into a ball and securely wrap (plastic wrap, parchment or wax paper) and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a flat surface sprinkled with a very light dusting of tapioca starch, roll out dough to about 3/8-inch thickness with a tapioca-dusted rolling pin.
- Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Gather scraps and re-roll; cut out additional cookies until all of the dough is used. Place cookies on prepared sheet, spacing 1 inch apart..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes until golden brown at edges (go by color, not firmness as they will still be slightly soft). Transfer sheet to a cooling rack and let cookies cool completely on sheets (they will firm up as they cool).
Use a regular egg if not vegan: If you do not need the recipe to be vegan, replace the psyllium egg in step 1 with a large egg.
Keep Cookies the Same Size: Cut the cookies any size, but keep the all the same size for each batch you bake. If making small cut-outs start checking for doneness after 7 minutes; larger cookies will need an extra minute or so depending on size.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 54 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: .6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut flour cut-out cookies, coconut flour Christmas cookies, vegan cookies, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, coconut flour, psyllium