4-Ingredient coconut lime protein bars are a bright, tropical twist for snacks and workouts. They are vegan, grain-free, & 199 calories/ 11 grams protein per bar.
- 2 medium limes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes/shreds
- 1/2 cup vanilla vegan protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Optional toppings:
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate baking chips, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes/shreds, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Grate enough zest from the limes to measure 2 teaspoons.
- Halve the limes crosswise and squeeze the juice into a glass measuring cup. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1/2 cup in total.
- In a food processor, process the coconut until very fine. Add the protein powder, almond butter, lime zest, and lime juice-water mixture. Pulse until mixture is completely blended into a smooth dough.
- Roll dough into a log and cut into 5 equal pieces. Form each piece into a bar and tightly wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least1 hour until firm.
- Optional topping: If desired, unwrap the bars and drizzle each with melted white chocolate; sprinkle with coconut and lime zest. Refrigerate for 15 minutes until chocolate is set; then re-wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Storage: Store the bars wrapped or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or freezer for up to 6 months.
Almond butter subs: You can use any smooth nut or seed butter you like in place of the almond butter. These are also amazing with peanut butter.
Notes about protein powder: I used vanilla pea protein powder, which is sweetened with stevia. Tweak the ratios of all of the ingredients as needed, as protein powders vary from one brand and variety to another.
- Category: Protein Bar
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Fat: 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 4-ingredient vegan protein bars, coconut, lime, almond, grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, no-bake, vegan protein, plant protein