Healthy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie brittle that is a power fitness food as much as it is a dessert! Naturally grain-free, gluten-free and flourless, it is easily made vegan and/or Paleo!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup stevia for baking
- 1 large egg OR flax egg (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, stevia, egg, vanilla and baking soda until blended and smooth. Spread in an even layer on prepared baking sheet to about 1/4-inch thickness and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until edges appear crisp and dry and the middle of the cookie appears set. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely (the cookie will continue to harden and get crisp as it sits).
Peanut Butter Sub: An equal amount of smooth almond butter or cashew butter can be used in place of the peanut butter.
Stevia Sub: An equal amount of coconut palm sugar or granular erythritol can be used in place of the stevia. If you do not have granular baking stevia, use approximately 18-24 stevia packets.
Flax Egg: To make a flax egg, stir together 3-1/2 tablespoon water and 2 teaspoons flaxseed meal in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 2-inch piece
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 52.8 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 5.2 mg