Learn how to make low-calorie granola from whole grains and freeze-dried fruit! It is vegan, gluten-free and 72 calories a serving.
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice cereal, puffed millet and oats. Drizzle with the maple syrup, generously spritz with the cooking spray, and sprinkle with the cinnamon and salt; stir to combine and coat. Spritz again (1 or 2 times) with the cooking spray, stirring after each spray.
- Spread granola mixture on prepared baking sheet; it should be in a single layer but compacted close together (this promotes clusters).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes until golden brown with a toasty fragrance (DO NOT STIR!). Transfer baking sheet to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Gently break the cooled granola into clusters and sprinkle with the crumbled freeze-dried strawberries. Transfer to an airtight container.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: low-calorie, low-calorie granola, granola, vegan, gluten-free, easy, freeze-dried fruit