Easy vegan chocolate pumpkin protein balls that are grain-free (made w/ coconut flour), gluten-free, no-bake, Paleo & only 45 calories each!
- 1/2 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chocolate or vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
Optional suggested coatings: finely chopped pepitas, unsweetened cocoa powder, finely chipped unsweetened coconut
- In a food processor, process the pepitas until finely chopped. Add the pumpkin and dates. Process until mixture is a smooth, thick puree.
- Add the protein powder and cocoa powder to the food processor; process, using ON/OFF pulses, until mixture is blended.
- Add the coconut flour, a few tablespoons at a time, until mixture comes together into a cohesive dough (the amount of coconut flour will vary slightly according the type of protein powder used). If the mixture becomes too dry, add a bit more pumpkin puree.
- Roll the mixture into 20 balls. Roll balls in optional coatings, if desired, or leave uncoated.
Storage: Store the protein balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Energy Balls
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 45
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan grain-free protein balls, chocolate pumpkin protein balls, grain-free, vegan, gluten-free, 6 ingredients, easy, Paleo, coconut flour