Crispy-chewy, 2-ingredient coconut banana cookies can be made from start to finish in less than 30 minutes! They are vegan, flourless, grain-free, and sure to please one and all (especially, you!).
- 1 and 1/2 cups (80 g) unsweetened shredded or flake coconut
- 2 (small to medium) ripe bananas, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, very finely chop the coconut until it is the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Add the bananas to the food processor; process until just blended into a smooth, even mixture (dough).
- Drop the cookies by round tablespoons onto prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Using moistened fingertips (simply dip fingers in water), flatten each cookie into a 2-inch round.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes until golden brown and the edges appear crisp. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
No food processor? No problem. Very finely chop the coconut by hand using a large kitchen knife and a cutting board. Add the bananas and chopped coconut to a large bowl, and mash until blended (and bananas are completley mashed).
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 2.5 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: .6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 2-ingredient cookies, healthy cookies, grain-free, vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, flourless, gluten-free, bananas, no added sugar, coconut flakes, shredded coconut