- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the water and flaxseed meal until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken/gel..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut flour, almond flour and salt, breaking up any lumps.
- Add the flax eggs and oil to bowl, stirring until completely combined.
- Press dough evenly in bottom and sides of an 8-inch or 9-inch pie pan or tart tin.
- Unbaked Crust: the crust is ready for use in recipes that call for adding the filling to an unbaked crust before baking. It can also be loosely covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until ready to fill and bake.
- Par-baked Crust: the crust is ready for use in recipes that call for adding the filling to a par-baked crust before baking. Prick the bottom of crust 2 or 3 times with fork (to release steam). Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and use in recipes calling for par-baked crust.
- Fully-baked Crust: Prick the bottom of crust 2 or 3 times with fork (to release steam). Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 27 minutes until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and use in recipes calling for fully-baked crust.
Eggs Options: If you do not need the recipe to be vegan, replace the 2 flax eggs (water + flax) in step 1 with 2 large eggs.
Net Carbs: The crust has 2.2 net carbs per serving
- Category: Essential Basics
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8 of crust
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: .8 g
- Sodium: 84 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: keto pie crust, keto, ketogenic, keto Thanksgiving, keto pie, almond flour pie crust, coconut flour pie crust, vegan pie crust, grain-free pie crust, grain-free vegan pie crust, easy, no roll pie crust