- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tiger nut flour, arrowroot and salt, breaking up any lumps.
- Add the oil bowl, stirring or using fingers to completely combine (it will have a moist, crumbly texture). Add the water, stirring until combined.
- Press dough evenly in bottom and sides of an 8-inch or 9-inch pie pan or tart tin.
- Unbaked Crust: the crust is ready for use in recipes calling for an unbaked crust. It can also be loosely covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until ready to fill and bake.
- Par-baked Crust: Prick the bottom of crust 2 or 3 times with fork (to release steam). Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and use in recipes calling for par-baked crust.
- Fully-baked Crust: Prick the bottom of crust 2 or 3 times with fork (to release steam). Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and use in recipes calling for fully-baked crust.
- Category: Essential Basics
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tiger nut flour, grain-free pie crust , tiger nut flour pie crust, gluten-free, no-roll pie crust