An easy sheetpan supper made with Middle Eastern flavors, including roasted eggplant and chickpeas, a tahini drizzle, and toppings of pomegranate, mint and pistachios.
- tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, ga1 large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 6 slices
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Lemon Tahini Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons tahini (well-stirred)
- 1–1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, cumin and salt.
- Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on prepared sheet; spread chickpeas around eggplant slices.
- Spray the eggplant and chickpeas with cooking spray and sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 18 to 23 minutes until eggplant is golden brown and tender and the chickpeas are browned and appear crispy.
- Lemon-Tahini Drizzle: While the eggplant and chickpeas roast, stir together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin and hot water until blended and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve eggplant and chickpeas drizzled with the lemon-tahini drizzle and topped with pomegranate arils, mint and pistachios.
Double the Recipe: This recipe only makes enough for 2 or 3 entrees. However, you can double the recipe, putting the second half on another sheetpan. Roast the two sheet pans at the same time!
Note: I used low-sodium chickpeas; you can use regular chickpeas, but the sodium content reflects my use of the low sodium variety.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Lunch
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 14.7 g
- Sodium: 509.5 mg
- Fat: 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 21.6 g
- Protein: 17.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg