Indulge your sweet tooth while fueling your mind, body and soul with this nutritious, indulgent-tasting brownie batter hummus (it tastes like brownie or chocolate pound cake batter). Just what you need to fuel up before your next long run or mega-errand list!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed very well, drained
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (or dairy, as desired)–more , as needed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional toppings: mini semisweet chocolate chips, pomegranate seeds, chopped toasted nuts or flake coconut
Storage: Store the hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Bean Options: An equal size can of white beans (cannellini are really creamy) or black beans can be used in place of the chickpeas.
Sweetener Options: Feel free to use the sweetener of your choice here. If using a granulated sweetener, you will most likely need to add an extra tablespoon or more of milk.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 39
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 97.1 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: .3
- Carbohydrates: 8.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: brownie batter hummus, brownie batter dip, healthy brownie dip, oil-free, vegan, healthy dip, dessert hummus, chocolate hummus, easy, low calorie dessert hummus