Baked oatmeal squares, made easier, more delicious and with just 3 ingredients! With minimal effort, you’ll have a healthy, make-ahead, portable breakfast that also happens to be vegan, gluten-free, and just 155 calories per square.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, divided use
- 1 13.5-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray or lightly oil/grease.
- In a blender or food processor, process 1 cup of the oats with the coconut milk, water, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Arrange the remaining oats in an even layer in the prepared pan; slowly pour in the coconut milk-oat mixture. Use a spatula to gently combine and evenly distribute the batter in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 43 to 45 minutes until set at the center, crispy at the edges and golden brown. For extra crispy edges/golden color, turn the oven to broil (high) and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan and cutting into 9 squares.
- Serve warm (plain or with any toppings you like, such as nut butter, jam, fruit, or in a bowl with milk) or cool completely!
Storage: Store the completely cooled squares in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Re-warm for 30-45 seconds in the microwave or enjoy cold!
Milk subs: Other varieties of milk can be used in place of the lite coconut milk. However, if the milk is low in fat, you will want to add about 2 tablespoons or more of the fat of your choice (e.g., coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, ghee, butter, vegan margarine) to the blender in step 2 to make up for the missing fat (the bars will be rubbery without it!).
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 78 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg