Spicy, citrusy, mustard greens-pepita pesto, the perfect midwinter sauce for pasta, or as a spread or dip. The ingredients also make it an ideal exercise recovery food!
- Grate 2 teaspoons lemon zest from the lemon. Cut in half and squeeze out 1-1/2 tablespoons juice.
- In a large food processor, process the mustard greens, pepitas and garlic, using on/off pulses, until finely chopped. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil, stopping to scrape the sides of bowl once or twice.
- Serve with pasta, as a spread, or as a dip.
Storage: Store the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 35 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.6 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mustard greens, pepitas, no cheese, vegan, vegan pesto, mustard greens pesto, nut-free, nut-free pesto, dairy-free