3-ingredient, grain-free and vegan vegetable flatbreads, made with chickpea flour!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large (18×13) baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the broccoli into pieces. Place the broccoli pieces (crowns and stems) in a large food processor and process until very fine (about the consistency of couscous; 12 oz will yield 3 cups finely chopped). Scrape mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the chickpea flour, water, olive oil and salt to bowl with broccoli, stirring until completely combined.
- Spread batter into an even rectangle on the prepared baking sheet, smoothing the top. The batter should be 1/4-inch thick (the batter will not go all the way to the edges of the pan).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 24 to 28 minutes until light golden brown at the edges and the center is set. Transfer sheet pan to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Invert flatbread onto a cutting board and carefully peel off paper/silpat. Cut into 12 pieces and turn pieces right side up..
Storage: Store the flatbread in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Cauliflower Flatbread: Replace the broccoli with an equal amount of cauliflower.
Carrot Flatbread: Replace the broccoli with 6 ounces cauliflower and 6 ounces peeled carrots (about 2 medium-large carrots).
Beet Flatbread: Replace the broccoli with 6 ounces cauliflower and 6 ounces peeled beets (about 1 medium-large beet).
- Category: Bread
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 159 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg