Healthy vegan breakfast blender brownies for breakfast on the go! Made with oats and carrots, fudgy brownies are oil-free, gluten-free, and just 132 calories per big brownie.
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 large (6 ounces total) peeled carrots, cut into large chunks
- 2 oz nuts or seeds (I used sunflower seeds)
- 1–1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional, but recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In a blender, process the milk and carrots until completely blended. Add the seeds or nuts; blend until very smooth/creamy (no chunky bits).
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips; blend until smooth (stop to scrape down sides of container, as needed). Blend, blend, blend until super smooth (use on/off pulses as needed, it will be thick).
- Spread the batter (it will be very thick) into prepared pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 21 minutes until surface appears dry and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove brownies from pan and cut into 9 squares.
Storage: Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for 6 months.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.3 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg