Healthy vegan breakfast blender brownies for breakfast on the go! Made with oats and carrots, fudgy brownies are oil-free, gluten-free, and just 132 calories per big brownie.
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 large (6 ounces total) peeled carrots, cut into large chunks
- 2 oz nuts or seeds (I used sunflower seeds)
- 1–1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional, but recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In a blender, process the milk and carrots until completely blended. Add the seeds or nuts; blend until very smooth/creamy (no chunky bits).
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips; blend until smooth (stop to scrape down sides of container, as needed). Blend, blend, blend until super smooth (use on/off pulses as needed, it will be thick).
- Spread the batter (it will be very thick) into prepared pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 21 minutes until surface appears dry and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove brownies from pan and cut into 9 squares.
Storage: Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for 6 months.
Sweetener Options: An equal amount of brown sugar, natural cane sugar, maple syrup, or honey (if you do not need these to be vegan) can be used in place of the coconut sugar.
Nut/Seed Quantities: 2 ounce of sunflower seeds or pepitas is almost exactly 1/3 cup. If you do not have a scale and are using nuts, finely chop them and measure 1/3 cup.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.3 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg