A perfect midwinter salad: crunchy, citrusy & bright with fresh flavor yet also convenient, frugal, easy-to-make (minutes) and minimalist. It’s an ideal make-ahead option, too!
- 6 cups sliced celery (fairly thin), PLUS 1 cup of the celery leaves, chilled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1–1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (or more to taste)
- large pinch of sea salt (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Storage: Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Celery Seed Options: The celery seeds can be omitted or you can substitute up to 1 teaspoons of dried herbs such as dill, herbes de Provence, or basil.
Celery Leaves: If you plan to store the salad for several days, keep the leaves in a separate container (dry) and then add some to the salad when ready to serve
- Category: Salad, Side-Dish
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 33
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 130.4 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: .9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg