A gloriously pink, super-easy, superfood latte made with beet powder, your choice of milk, and a touch of sweetener.
- 8 ounces nondairy milk (I used almond milk for the calculations)
- 1 teaspoon beet powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or more, as desired)
- Place the beet powder in a 12 ounce mug or cup.
- Heat the milk in the microwave or small, stovetop saucepan (over medium heat) for 1 to 2 minutes until hot but not scalding.
- Froth the milk (e.g., small stick milk frother, stick blender, hand whisk, high speed blender). Holding back the frothy portion, pour the milk into the mug. Whisk until blended and add maple syrup to taste
- Spoon frothy milk on top and serve.
Sweetener Options: Feel free to use any sweetener you like in place of the maple syrup, including no-sugar options such stevia or monkfruit. Add a little and taste before topping with foam; the beet powder is naturally sweet, you may not want much (or any) added sweetener.
Flavor Options: For a variation, consider adding a drop of vanilla extract and/or a tiny pinch of cardamom along with the beet powder.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 latte
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: beet powder, beetroot powder, beet powder latte, pink latte, vegan latte, no coffee latte, beetroot latte, dairy-free, no caffeine