Irresistible almond cookies that taste rich and buttery, despite being free of oil, eggs, butter and dairy. They are naturally grain-free, gluten-free & vegan, plus, they can be made keto-friendly with 1 substitution.
- 1 cup (112 g) blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (see notes for keto, & other, options)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and (optional) salt (breaking up all lumps in the flour). Add the water and stir until blended.
- Drop by tablespoons (I used a small cookie scoop) on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 16 minutes until golden brown and set at the centers.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days (in a cool room; if it is hot, store in the refrigerator), the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to months.
Tip: I strongly recommend weighing the almond flour for best results. If using cups to measure, be sure to very lightly spoon the almond flour when measuring (do not scoop up the flour or tamp into the cup).
Sugar Options: An equal amount of brown sugar (light or dark) can be used in place of the coconut sugar.
Keto Variation: Replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto-friendly brown sugar replacement (e.g., Sukrin Gold, Swerve). Keto Version Macros per Cookie: Calories: 64; Carbs: 2.5 g; Sugars: 0.4 g.
Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips to dough.
Thumbprints: Maake an indentation int the top of each unbaked cookie mound and fill with 1/4 teaspoon of jam or preserves before baking.
Dried Fruit Cookies: Add 1/3 cup very finely chopped dried fruit to dough.
Sesame Almond Cookies: Add 1/8 teaspoon almond extract to dough.Sprinkle tops of cookie dough with sesame seeds before baking.
Toasted Almond Cookies: Add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1/3 cup toasted sliced almond, coarsely crushed, to dough.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 53.4 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg