Stuffed breakfast sweet potatoes–the perfect morning meal! This 4-ingredient breakfast is fast (prepare the sweet potato in the microwave), delicious, and super-nourishing, all in one fell swoop.
- 1 medium sweet potato, skin scrubbed with water
- fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried fruit (e.g., cranberries, apricots, raisins, cherries)
- 1 tablespoon seeds or finely chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter, warmed (for drizzling)
- Prick the sweet potato all over with a fork. Microwave on HIGH for 8 to 12 minutes (it will depend on size) until very tender. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the sweet potato on a plate and split open lengthwise (be careful of the steam that will release).Open the potato wide; mash the flesh with a fork and season to taste with salt (if desired).
- Sprinkle the sweet potato with the dried fruit and seeds and then drizzle with the nut butter.
- Eat! And feel powerful 🙂
Oven Alternative: Instead of microwaving the sweet potato, place it in a pie plate or small baking pan. Bake in a preheated 425F oven for about 1 hour until very tender. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed sweet potato
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 20.3 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg