2-ingredient spinach tortillas, made with nothing more than chickpea flour & fresh spinach, plus water. They are 100% grain-free, vegan, and scrumptious.
- In a blender, process, the chickpea flour, water, spinach and salt until blended and completely smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of blender once or twice, as needed.
- Transfer batter to a glass measuring cup or pitcher (for easy pouring); cover and let rest for at least 1 hour or for up to 48 hours.
- Heat a medium, nonstick skillet (I used seasoned cast iron) that has been lightly oiled over medium-high heat.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter into the pan, quickly tilting in all directions to cover bottom of pan. Cook for about 45 seconds, until it’s just golden at the edges. With a spatula, carefully lift an edge of the tortilla to test for doneness. The tortilla is ready to turn when it is golden brown on the bottom and can be shaken loose from the pan. Turn the tortilla over and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, until it realease easily from the pan.
- Transfer the tortilla to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining batter, oiling the skillet and adjusting the heat as necessary between tortillas, stacking the cooled tortillas between sheets of waxed paper to prevent sticking.
Storage: Store the cooled tortillas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months. To ensure against any sticking, layer pieces of wax paper or parchment paper between the tortillas.
Variation: Replace some of the spinach with fresh herbs, such as basil, cilantro or parsley. Kale can be used in place of the spinach, however, the substitution works best if you have a high speed blender (the batter will not be completely smooth when pureeing the kale in a regular blender).
- Category: Bread, Tortillas
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 115 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.3 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 2 ingredients, tortilla, grain-free, vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, spinach, chickpea flour, spinach tortilla, easy, low-calorie