Quick & easy, no-bake tahini protein bars (13+ grams protein per bar), with two Middle Eastern flavor twists: orange & cardamom. They are vegan, gluten-free & nut-free.
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the protein powder, tahini, oats, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice and cardamom, adding a few drops of water, as needed. Stir until the mixture is a stiff dough.
- Gather the dough together and evenly press into the prepared pan. Place another piece of parchment or wax paper onto surface of dough; firmly tamp down with your hand, a second loaf pan or a measuring cup.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour (to firm up) before removing from pan and cutting into 6 bars.
Storage: Store the bars, wrapped (e.g., parchment paper, plastic wrap, wax paper) in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months. The bars will keep at room temperature (lunches, workouts, camping) for several days, but will become softer the longer they are left out (and the warmer the temperature).
Sweetener: If you are not strictly vegan, honey is delicious and flavorful option in place of maple syrup.
Variation: Add up to 1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon or lime zest to the dough, along with the cardamom.
- Category: Protein Bar, Power Bar, Snack
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 23.9 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tahini protein bars, nu-free protein bars, vegan nut-free gluten-free protein bars, no-bake, energy bars, high protein, vegan protein powder