No-bake, quick & easy, vegan protein bars with two Middle Eastern flavor twists: tahini & cardamom. They are as delicious as they are nutrient dense!
- 2/3 cup (about 67 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup tahini (well-stirred before measuring)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, ground into a fine flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Water (as needed)
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the protein powder, tahini, oats, maple syrup, lemon juice and cardamom, adding a few drops of water, as needed. Stir until the mixture is a stiff dough.
- Gather the dough together and evenly press into the prepared pan. Place another piece of parchment or wax paper onto surface of dough; firmly tamp down with your hand, a second loaf pan or a measuring cup.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour (to firm up) before removing from pan and cutting into 6 bars.
Storage: Store the bars, wrapped (e.g., parchment paper, plastic wrap, wax paper) in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months. The bars will keep at room temperature (lunches, workouts, camping) for several days, but will become softer the longer they are left out (and the warmer the temperature).
Sweetener: If you are not strictly vegan, honey is delicious and flavorful option in place of maple syrup.
Variation: Add up to 1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon or lime zest to the dough, along with the cardamom.
- Category: Protein Bar, Power Bar, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 23.9 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg