Healthy, delicious, versatile 3-ingredient sweet potato tortillas that are naturally vegan and Paleo. They are grain-free, legume-free and nut-free.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed sweet potato, tapioca starch, coconut flour, and salt until well-blended. The dough will be stiff, but still moist.
- Gather the dough into a ball and press into a circle. Cut the dough into 6 equal wedges.
- Shape a wedge into a ball. Place dough ball between 2 squares of parchment paper and press into an even 6 to 6.5-inch diameter tortilla. Peel off top layer of parchment paper.
- Heat a medium or large skillet (cast iron is ideal, or another form of nonstick pan) over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, lightly spray with nonstick spray. Invert a torilla onto hot pan; wait 10 to 15 seconds, and then carefully peel off parchment. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until tortilla begins to rise up slightly (in spots); flip over (it should be browned, in spots) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer until other side is browned. Transfer tortilla to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Store the tortillas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 6 months.
How to Bake the Sweet Potato for the Recipe: Prick sweet potatoes (scrubed and dried) all over with a fork. Bake on a baking sheet in a preheated 425F oven for 45 to 50 minutes until very tender. Cool completely. Split lengthwise and scoop out potato, then mash with a fork.
- Category: Bread, Tortillas
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 113 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg