- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (stir well before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 and 1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9 cups of a standard muffin pan with foil or paper liners.
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the coconut milk and lime juice. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Ina medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the milk mixture, lime zest and vanilla; stir until blended and smooth. Divide batter evenly between prepared cups (do not overfill; cups should be no more than 1/2-way full).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until risen, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in muffin pan. Remove muffins from pan and cool completley on cooling rack.
Storage: Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Using Other Milks: If using low fat or nonfat nondairy milk in place of the coconut milk, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (e.g., melted virgin coconut oil, avocado oil) and reduce the total amount of milk by 3 tablespoons.
- Category: Bread, Muffin, Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 187 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg