So-delicious, 5-ingredient baked broccoli tots that are grain-free, vegan, and so nutritious! They make a great vegetable-packed side-dish or snack for one and all, plus you can swap out the broccoli for other vegetables.
- 8 ounces broccoli, roughly chopped (about 2 and 1/2 cups roughly chopped)
- 2 green onions, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup (90 g) chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 400F.Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, finely chop the broccoli and green onions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, breaking up any lumps in the flour. Add the water and oil, whisking until blended and smooth; stir in the broccoli mixture until blended.
- Drop the batter heaping tablespoons (I used a small cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. With moistened fingertips, shape each round into an oval.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Storage: The cooled tots can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 5 days, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Tip: An equal amount of cauliflower, carrots or parsnips can be used in place of the broccoli.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 tot
- Calories: 24
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 69 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour chickpea flour tots, chickpea flour broccoli tots, vegan tots, broccoli, egg-free, dairy-free, baked