Vegan & Paleo strawberry ice cream, made with hemp hearts, hemp milk and plump, juicy, summer strawberries! It is creamy, rich, healthy, easy-to-prepare, and made without nuts, coconut, or banana.
- 2 cups hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- 3–1/2 cups hemp milk (or nondairy milk of choice)
- 1–1/2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (see options in notes)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a covered container, combine the hemp hearts and hemp milk. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours (do not drain).
- In a blender, process the hemp hearts and milk, strawberries, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and salt until blended and smooth.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve right away (softer serve) or pack into an airtight container and free to desired firmness.
Sweetener options: An equal amount of natural cane sugar can be used in place of the maple syrup. If not vegan, 1/3 cup honey can be used in place of the maple syrup.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: dessert, ice cream
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 43.5 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 8.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg