Versatile, velvety-smooth vegan white bean pesto, made in minutes with 5 ingredients. It is high protein & can be enjoyed as a sauce, dip or spread!
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans (or other white beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 packed cups washed/dried fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (I used hemp milk)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- fine sea salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process the drained beans, basil, milk, nutritional yeast, olive oil and garlic until blended and completely smooth, stopping the machine several times to scrape down the sides.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pesto to an airtight container. Use as a dip, spread, a drizzle/sauce for vegetables, or toss with hot pasta.
Storage: Store the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Sauce, Dip, Spread
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 82
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pesto, bean pesto, dairy-free, high protein pesto, basil pesto, vegan basil pesto dip