1-bowl pumpkin pie bars that taste like the fall favorite, but without the crust. They are vegan, grain-free, oil-free, and perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert!
- 1–1/2 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (lightly spoon to measure; do not pack)
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour (sifted, if lumpy)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper; spray or grease exposed sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the ingredients until completely blended (the mixture will be more like a fluffy, moist dough as the coconut flour soaks up the liquid): spoon into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and the top of the bars appears dry.
- Cool completely (in the pan) on a wire rack and then refrigerate until cold. Use parchment to remove bars from pan. Cut into 16 squares.
Storage: Store the cooled bars in a covered container in the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 square (1/16 of pan)
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Sodium: 113 mg
- Fat: .9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg