Rosemary & garlic flatbread, made with lentils! It is naturally grain-free, vegan, and incredibly easy to make, too. Most importantly, it is 100% delicious!
- 3/4 cup common brown/tan lentils, uncooked
- 1–1/4 cups water, divided use
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or neutral oil of choice
- 1–1/2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves, divided use
- Rinse and drain the lentils to remove any residual sediment. Place the lentils in a small bowl and cover with 3/4 cup water. Soak for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours, until the lentils are plumped up. Drain off any excess water.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly spray or grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a blender or food processor, process the drained lentils, remaining 1/2 cup water, oil, flaxseed meal, garlic, salt, baking soda and black pepper until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down the sides of the container. Add half of the rosemary; pulse once or twice to blend.
- Spread the batter into the prepared skillet. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until browned and completely set at the center (the edges will start to pull away from the sides of the pan)..
Storage: Store the cooled bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Variation: Plain Lentil Flatbread: Prepare as directed but omit the rosemary, garlic and black pepper.
Lentils: An equal amount of red, yellow or green lentils (whole or split) can be used in place of the brown lentils.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 wedge (1/8 of recipe)
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 184 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: flourless lentil flatbread, flourless, lentil bread, no grains, grain-free, vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, easy