- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed sweet potato, coconut milk, coconut sugar and vinegar until blended.
- Sift in the chickpea flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until blended. The dough will be moist and fluffy.
- Using a scoop of large kitchen spoon, drop the dough into 8 rounds onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the scoops of dough 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 14 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of the biscuit comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store the completely cooled biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Other milks: It is possible to substitute the full-fat coconut milk with another milk (dairy or nondairy). However, since the coconut milk provides both the fat and the liquid for the recipe, you will need to replace 2 tablespoons of the milk with the oil of your choice. Without the fat, the biscuits will be rubbery.
Sweet potato: I used a baked sweet potato to create the 3/4 cup of mashed sweet potato in the recipe. Depending on how you prepare the sweet potato (e.g., baked, boiled, microwaved), as well as variation in sweet potatoes, some purees may be more dry/wet than others. If needed, add a splash more milk to the recipe.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 287 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grain-free oil-free vegan sweet potato biscuits, drop biscuits, egg-free, oil-free, dairy-free, vegan drop biscuits