Oven-roasted carrot and parsnip hash, made vibrant with Moroccan spices. Each serving of this quick & easy hash is packed with vitamins A & C (for gorgeous skin!) and 5 g of fiber. It’s also Grain-Free, Vegan, & Paleo.
- 12 ounces carrots, peeled & cut into cubes (mine were about 3/4-inch)
- 8 ounces parsnips peeled & cut into cubes (about 3/4-inch)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced into medium chunks
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil OR oil of choice
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Distribute the carrots, parsnips and bell pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper; use hands to toass and coat vegetables and spread into a single, even layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; stir vegetables. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes longer until pasnips and carrots are tender. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 332 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: parsnips, carrots, roasted oven hash, easy roasted vegetables, vegan, Thanksgiving, gluten-free, easy, carrots hash