- 1 and 2/3 cups chickpea flour (sifted if especially lumpy)
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (about 2 medium-large)
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil of choice (I used avocado)
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses (see notes for options)
- Preheat oven to 350F.Line all 12 cups of a standard size muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and salt.
- Add the bananas, milk, oil, and molasses to the bowl, stirring until completely blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups (the batter will only fill the cups just over halfway full).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 16 minutes until risen, the centers are set, and a toothpick inserted near the center of each muffin comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Cool muffins in tin for 10 minute. Remove muffins from tin and serve warm or cool completely on a cooling rack.
Storage: Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sweetener: An equal amount of maple syrup or honey (not vegan) can be used in place of the molasses. The muffins will not be as dark as with the molasses.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 165.1 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chickpea flour muffins, vegan and grainfree gingerbread muffins, gingerbread muffins, healthy, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, chickpea flour