My favorite cornbread has no corn–or any other grains–at all! It’s made with chickpea flour and a bit of pumpkin, but it tastes like the most tender, delicious cornbread ever. It’s also vegan, healthy, and super-easy, too!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray or grease an 8-inch square baking pan and line with a piece of parchment paper (leaving an overhang on opposite sides).
- In a large bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, baking powder, cumin, and salt. Add the milk, pumpkin, oil and maple syrup, whisking until completely blended and smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 28 to 33 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted near the center of the bread comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Cool bread at least 10 minutes in pan. Use parchment overhand to remove bread. Cut into pieces and serve warm, or cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sweetener & Salt: An equal amount of the sweetener of your choice (liquid or granulated) can be used in place of the maple syrup. Also, feel free to adjust the amount of salt to suit your personal dietary needs.
- Category: Bread
- Serving Size: 1 piece (1/12th)
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 224 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg