Blissful almond & banana cookies, made with 3 ingredients: almond flour, bananas & baking powder (salt is optional). Sweet, tender and crispy at the edges, they are oil-free, Paleo & vegan.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup very mashed, very ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder and optional salt. Add the banana, stirring until completely blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough in mounds, spacing 2 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 16 minutes until golden brown at edges and centers of cookies feel firm to the touch. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 5 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Banana Tips: In order for this recipe to work well, it is important to (1) use a very ripe banana to create the mash (softer, higher sugar content than less ripe bananas); and (2) very finely mash the banana with a fork so that it is almost liquid (see photo above).
Simple Additions: Add 1 teaspoon of lime zest, vanilla extract or almond extract to dough, or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, allspice or pumpkin pie spice.
Sugar Sparkle: Gently roll dough into 10 balls. Gently press top of each dough ball in a shallow dish of turbinado (raw) sugar.
Coconut: Gently roll dough into 10 balls, Gently press top of each dough ball in a shallow dish of finely chopped unsweetened flake coconut.
Peanut Butter Thumbprints: After scooping dough onto cookie sheet, make a shallow indentation in each dough mound and fill with about 1/4 teaspoon peanut butter before baking.
Cinnamon: dd 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to the dough along with the banana.
Chocolate Chip: Add 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips to the dough. Alternatively, prepare dough as directed and press the chocolate chips into surfaces of scooped dough.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 24.5 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg