Dark chocolate quinoa, oat and banana muffins, designed to thrill! Four ingredients, 91 calories, no added sugar, & no oil, but 100% delicious and satisfying.These fast and easy treats are ideal for breakfast, snacks, and any-time-of-the-day chocolate cravings!
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 6 small banana slices
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease or spray 6 cups of a standard size muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, cocoa powder and salt until well blended. Stir in the quinoa and oats until blended.
- Divide batter equally between prepared cups, smoothing tops. If desired, press a banana slice into the top of each cup of batter, and/or sprinkle with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the surface of the muffins appears dry and the centers of the muffins are set.
- Cool completely in plan on a wire rack. Remove muffins from pans.
Storage: Store the completely cooled muffins in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Muffins, Snack, Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 97.4 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg