Light, tender crepes (or call them tortillas) made with nothing more than rolled oats, chickpea flour & baking soda (plus water and optional salt). Naturally vegan and gluten-free, they are fast (make the batter in a blender), easy, and versatile!
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Process on high speed until very smooth. Pour batter into a bowl or large glass measuring cup (for easier pouring or ladling).
- Heat a medium skillet (well seasoned cast iron or nonstick) over medium high heat until very hot. If you are not sure if your pan is nonstick, add a quick spritz or swipe of oil to the pan.
- Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of batter into the hot pan and immediately lift and tilt so that the batter spread to about a 6- or 7-inch circle. Cook for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes until set; flip over and cook about 1 minute longer until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate or cooling rack,
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Storage: The cooled crepes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Additions: Have fun adding fresh or dried herbs, spices, a bit of sweetener, or flavorings (e.g., zests or extracts) to the batter!
Milk instead of Water: For added nutrition, replace the water with an equal amount of milk (nondairy or dairy).
- Category: Bread, Tortilla, Crepe
- Serving Size: 1 crepe/tortilla
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 117.5 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 mg
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg