This is not a dream: grain-free “cornbread” stuffing, which is vegan, simple to prepare, healthy, and incredibly delicious! The no-corn cornbread is made with chickpea flour.
- 1 recipe No-Corn Cornbread (made with chickpea flour), baked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, ends trimmed off, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, ends trimmed off, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsely leaves, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 and 3/4 cups high quality vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the cooled cornbread into cubes (about 3/4-inch). Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 11 to 14 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery;cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes longer until all vegetables are softened. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsely, In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, vegetables, ranberries, rosemary and remaining parsely, gently tossing to combine. Slowly pour in the broth, tossing gently to combine. Adjust seasonings (salt & pepper) to taste.
- Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish (or two 9 inch pie pans or baking dishes) with cooking spray. Place stuffin in prepared dish(es). Tightly cover with foil.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer until top is lightly browned.
Storage: Store cooled stuffing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Side-Dish
- Serving Size: about 1 cup)
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 297 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg